In October 2014 Right To Play and Pokerstars launched a partnership to drive transformational change for children and communities around the world.
Through their 'Helping Hands' corporate giving programme, Pokerstars, together with their staff and customers have donated more than £1.7m. This invaluable support is helping Right To Play educate, protect and empower nearly two million children every week to overcome the effects of poverty, conflict and disease using sport and play.
"Right To Play makes such a positive impact to so many children around the world and Pokerstars is incredibly proud to be able to support their valuable work. Using play to educate and empower is a philosophy that our players and staff really believe in." - Sue Hammett, Group Head of CSR, Flutter*
*Flutter acquired and merged with The Stars Group in 2020.
Throughout the Pokerstars partnership, multiple groups of both staff and Pokerstars Team Pros including Jake Cody and Fatime de Melo have visited Right To Play programmes in Uganda, Ghana and Tanzania. These field trips enabled Pokerstars to witness the impact the partnership is having first-hand.
- November 2014 - Partnership launched at the Quintessentially Foundation's Poker Night which raises over £65,000 for Right To Play.
- May 2016 – The Stars Group sponsor the inaugural Right To Play Sports Quiz in London, which raises over £124,000. The Stars Group continue to sponsor the event, which has now raised £515,000 to date.
- March 2017 - PokerStars Ambassasor and football supertstar Neymar Jr hosts celebrity charity poker game in Barcelona raising over £20,000 for Right To Play.
- April 2018 – PokerStars host the first ever online multi-table Play Money charity tournament with over 8,000 players taking part, raising £35,000.
Global Play Day
- November 2019 – Between 25-29 November, The Stars Group hosted a week of play events culminating in 'Global Play Day' dedicated to raising awareness and funds for the children in Right To Play programmes. Over 850 employees across the world, from Isle of Man to Toronto to India, came together throughout the week to embrace the power of play. Activities included a global bike challenge, an executive basketball challenge, dodgeball and even a giant ball pit. Staff generously donated over £15,500 by ‘pledging to play’ bringing the total raised this year by The Stars Group to over £240,000.
- November 2020 - Global Play Day returns for Pokerstars with a series of events running from 16th-23rd November. Keep watch for more details!
- Make a one-off or regular donation to help us to improve the lives of children in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the world. Just £30 could allow a child to take part in weekly play-based education for a year.
- Join Team Right To Play, our network of challenge event supporters, and keep more children safe with every mile you run, cycle or swim.
- Learn more about Right To Play's work here.
- Follow us on social media: Facebook @RightToPlayUK Instagram: @righttoplayuk
- Sign up to Right To Play's e-newsletter here
For more information on the Pokerstars partnership or to find out how your company can work with Right To Play, please contact:
Neil Child-Dyer, Senior Partnerships Manager